Kids Need Activity and Exercise!
Gymnastics is one of the most comprehensive lifestyle exercise programs available to children. The benefits of gymnastics are numerous, including increased muscle strength, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility, balance, coordination, and agility. Gymnastics classes are a great way to gain socialization skills, learn how to set goals, and gain an awareness for leading a healthy lifestyle. These perks not only help kids stay healthy, but they can be applied to other sports and to life in general. How can you beat that?
Top 10 Benefits of Gymnastics
- An increase in muscular strength, flexibility and endurance (pound for pound, gymnasts are among the strongest of Olympic athletes).
- The knowledge of how to fall and roll safely for all sports.
- Increased agility, coordination and fundamentals of movement.
- Discipline and self-control.
- Learn to listen and follow rules and directions.
- Social interaction with peers.
- A confident self-image and a positive attitude towards their bodies.
- Gain self-esteem, confidence, and a positive “can do” attitude.
- Learn to set goals.
- Trust in one’s own abilities: move from a world of “I can’t” to “I can”.
- BONUS: It’s FUN!
Gymnastics Classes at Young’s Gym
At Young’s we offer a variety of gymnastics classes starting as young as toddlers just learning to walk up to seniors in high school! Our classes consist of traditional gymnastics classes in which all Olympic apparatus are used (Vault, Uneven Bars, Balance Beam, and Floor Exercise), as well as more specific tumbling classes that are tailored just to “flipping” skills used on the floor, and Cheer & Tumble classes that teach the basic elements of cheerleading and tumbling. We also offer private lessons, mostly for tumbling, in which a student works one on one with one of our highly trained instructors to maximize individual learning and focus!
Below is a current list of the classes offered at Young’s Gym:
(Click on a class to view it’s description page!)
- Busy Bodies (Walking-3yrs)
- Tiny Tots (3-4yrs)
- Super Tots (5-6yrs)
- Girls 1 (Ages 6+)
- Girls 2 (Ages 6+)
- Cheer & Tumble (Ages 6+)
- Boys (Ages 6+)
- Tumble 1 (Ages 6+)
- Tumble 2 (Ages 6+)
- Tumble 3 (Ages 7+)
- Tumble 4 (Ages 7+)
Ready To Sign Up?
If you know which class type you are interested in click HERE to check the current class availability!
Message From The Owners:
We truly hope you will consider us when deciding to enroll your child in a gymnastics program! We have been family owned and operated in Wake Forest for over 25 years now. We only have one facility so we only have one focus: Creating the best gymnastics program around! Come join the fun as we embark on the next 25 years!
-Alan & Shannon Young